Business Pitch Competition at Penn State
The 2017 Fayette County Business Pitch competition and career forum was held on March 1, 2017. The event was held in the Magerko Auditorium at Penn State Fayette, The Eberly Campus. Students representing the seven Fayette county school districts attending with over 200 students participating. The event consisted of a full day of activities including a motivational speaker, presentations from local professionals, lunch, the business pitch competition, and access to the USCAA Basketball tournament. The motivational speaker was Jeff Young from Young Lungs. Local professionals in attendance were:
- Todd Casteel, President and CEO of Casteel Corporation
- Thomas Richards, Owner of Fat Angelo’s Pizzeria
- Steve Hranec, President of Hranec Corporation
- Ron Jellick, Special Projects Coordinator of Hranec Corporation
- Justin Guittap, Branch Manager of PNC Bank
- Aaron Tuomi, Senior Director of PTC
- Bill Simon, PLM Group Lead of PTC
- Faith Evans, RN, BSN, Nursing Recruiter of Uniontown Hospital
The focus of the business pitch competition is to give entrepreneurship and business students the opportunity to create a product or service and pitch it to potential fundraisers (the judges). Each team has two minutes to pitch their product or service to the judges. Prizes include $500 for first place, $300 for second place, and $200 for third. The product or service should address the following questions:
- What is the problem you are solving?
- What is your solution?
- Why now?
- What is your market size?
- Who are or what is your competition?
- How have you tested the idea?
- Who is on your team?
- What is your business model?
- What do you need to move forward?
Giovani Marian presented his brand DODY which markets T-shirts, hats, and bracelets. DODY stands for Dedicated, Optimistic, Determined, Youth. Watch the commercial for his DODY brand below and his business pitch presentation. UHS is proud of Gio on his presentation and you are first in our book